Dear Telluride Youth Soccer Club Families,
Along with all of you, we have been watching the Covid-19 news unfold on an hourly basis - including the recent announcement from Mike Gass and the CO public schools that all high school sports practices and games will be cancelled through April 6th.
While we are not sure of the risk to all of us in Telluride just yet, we feel that in order to protect our athletes and the Telluride Youth Soccer community, it is best to follow the lead of the Telluride School District and the Colorado Soccer Association (CSA). Therefore, in abundance of caution we are postponing the beginning of the youth soccer season until after Spring Break (April 19th).
We know all of our athletes will be disappointed in this news and we very much regret having to do this - but we do feel it is in the kids' and your best interest to be conservative and see what the next few weeks bring.
Note that as of now, the Durango and Grand Junction tournaments are still on. We will keep you posted of any changes to April-May travel and practice schedules as soon as we learn them. Both tournament directors, will follow the directives of the CSA Board of Directors.
We are hopeful that we'll be able to pick right up after Spring Break and make up for lost time. We also appreciate that there will be questions, and we will be in close touch in the next few weeks as we gain more clarity on the situation.